HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Today, access to your elected officials has never been more important, yet more inaccessible. Most lobbying firms charge as much as $15,000 as a minimum retainer, with the entire process reaching $50,000 per month or more for full advocacy services, with many of their “billed-for” activities remaining largely undefined. Unlike the balance of the government affairs industry, however, Lobbyit is accountable to our clients each and every month. Below you will find our clearly-defined pricing tiers and the services included within each. While Lobbyit’s packaged tiers provide the greatest combined value, we do offer services a la carte depending on client needs, and you will find those listed out below as well.
Comprehensive Nationwide Advocacy, Targeted Political Giving, & Fundraising
TIER ONE: $995/mo.
Tier 1 constitutes not only our firm’s foundation, but also showcases our unique business model. It pulls back the curtain from those Washington lobbyists who for far too long have made access to government expensive and inaccessible. Tier 1 is Washington’s first affordable option for federal representation. It incorporates a clear set of basic services to ensure that Congress is aware of your organization’s priorities and provides an excellent member benefit for smaller associations and organizations.
Lobbyit will help identify your issues and needs, tailor your message as appropriate, and keep you abreast of pertinent developments in DC. Many clients use Tier 1 to get acclimated with the federal landscape, create awareness, and position their organization as a resource to the federal government. This is all capped off with a monthly report clearly outlining the work done and meetings taken on your behalf.
Tier 1 includes:
- Initial consultation to understand your needs and issues
- Formulation of your issue paper used as a “leave behind” in our various meetings
- Registering and maintaining status as your federal representative
- Monthly meetings with federal stakeholders to create vital relationships
- Receipt of Congressional Climate™ daily emails
- Legislative Issue Alerts (as appropriate)
- Personally tailored, monthly report
- Easy access to both our K Street and Capitol Hill offices as well as all of our staff
TIER TWO: $1,995/mo.
Our second tier is perfect for clients operating in highly regulated or legislated arenas. If your organization has previously been affected by harmful federal actions, or you fear it may be in the future, this plan is for you. Tier 2 includes everything in Tier 1, as well as detailed regulatory and legislative analysis and tracking. When a bill or regulation is introduced, our firm immediately holds appropriate meetings to understand potential movement and repercussions. We then keep a close eye on any advancement or changes and continually provide updates with our ongoing analysis and recommendations.
Tier 2 includes everything in Tier 1, as well as:
- Detailed Congressional bill tracking and analysis, email updates, and action recommendations
- Detailed regulatory tracking, analysis, and e-mail updates
- Pertinent committee hearing attendance and e-mail updates
- All meetings necessary to fully understand a bill or regulation’s prospects and potential effects
TIER THREE: $2,995/mo.
Our Tier 3 offering is traditional representation at its core, at a fraction of the traditional price. This is the option for clients needing hands-on, direct advocacy, whether in the halls of Congress or in the Executive Branch. Tier 3 includes a broad range of proactive advocacy activities, and is the primary vehicle clients choose when seeking to promote or ward off legislative change, influence regulatory drafting, promulgation or enforcement, secure government funding, or simply establish a competitive advantage through some targeted element of public policy. Tier 3 includes all the steps necessary to make sure your cause is effectively promoted and your issue is resolved. Along the way, we will work closely with you to keep you informed of developments, define near- and long-term goals, and adapt and refine strategies as necessary and appropriate.
Tier 3 includes services in both Tiers 1 and 2, plus:
- Thorough evaluation of the client’s needs and the legislative or regulatory changes sought
- Consultations with the client to formulate an appropriate and comprehensive plan of attack
- Development of all necessary advocacy materials
- Ongoing strategy sessions with the client to assess and refine efforts
- Drafting of any specific legislative or regulatory language
- All necessary meetings with federal stakeholders to gather intelligence, and promote the desired measures
TIER FOUR: $5,495/mo.
Tier 4 is quite simply the most unique offering that currently exists in the government relations industry. Clients now have the ability to completely outsource their entire Government Relations operation. In addition to providing our complete suite of services from Tier 3, Tier 4 also includes a full grassroots component, an online advocacy hub, and 50-state legislative tracking. Our most inclusive offering was designed for clients looking to not only effect change at the Federal level, but to develop a broad, national advocacy presence across the country. Inclusive of all the services available in Tier 3, it arms the client with all the tools necessary to successfully promote their interests in Congress and the Executive Branch. By including additional services, however, Tier 4 provides clients with additional avenues of approach to lawmakers, and helps clients build a nation-wide, grassroots effort to create a breadth and depth of support which dramatically enhances a client’s advocacy position. The value of services in Tier 4 is simply unmatched by anything currently available in the lobbying space today.
Tier 4 includes all services in Tiers 1, 2, and 3, plus:
- The constructing, hosting, and maintenance of a personally tailored online “Advocacy Hub” website for your organization to fully leverage your employees, membership, and supporters across the country and the world
- Advice on how to activate nation-wide networks of citizens/employees/members, and how to leverage their support
- Drafting of appropriate membership/employee letters and call scripts
- An annual “Day on the Hill”
- Facilitation of District visits by lawmakers and their staffs
- Full 50-state legislative tracking and reporting
TIER FIVE: $7,995/MO.
In the last decade, we have seen significant advances in communications technologies and platforms, significantly impacting the way that politicians interact with their constituencies, make decisions and work to be elected/re-elected. To take advantage of these changes, leverage these new tools and provide a truly comprehensive, wrap-around advocacy package, we created Tier 5. Tier 5 adds Political Action Committee (PAC) setup and management, and a variety of “e-advocacy” services to all of the other elements included in Tiers 1-4. In Tier 5, Lobbyit will set up a PAC for clients, and develop and execute a political giving strategy that maximizes the impact of our messaging and advocacy efforts. Additionally, Tier 5 includes the development and implementation of a social media strategy, including the development of appropriate content, the selection of the appropriate platforms, and initiation and management of the social media messaging and advocacy effort.
Tier 5 includes all services in Tiers 1-4, plus:
- Setting up a PAC that is within compliance of all applicable laws and regulations
- Maintaining PAC reporting with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) and other entities as required
- Crafting a strategy for use of PAC funds, identifying appropriate events, and attending such events as necessary
- Comprehensive analysis of a client’s social media presence and strategy
- Crafting and executing a full-scale social media strategy including, cultivating social media relationships, engaging Members and staff, creating necessary supporting materials (white papers, infographics, etc.), and making necessary adjustments based on metrics.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: QUOTED PER CLIENT
What many businesses don’t realize is that there are many forms of funding available through the government. Our team has over 40 years of experience working on and around the Hill. Using this knowledge and contacts, we have the ability to navigate the intricacies of getting things done despite the layers of bureaucracy. Whether the objective is to pass a bill or gain funding approval, it is vital to have key Members of the House and Senate on one’s side. Our team will identify the most consequential Members and target their offices.
Funding opportunities include:
- Plus Ups
- Government Contracts
- B2B Sales
- Loan Guarantees
- Cooperative Agreements
The problem with securing these types of funds is twofold: first, organizations don’t realize that they’re available or how to identify them. Second, many organizations do not recognize the importance of building support on the Hill. This type of support can definitively tilt the balance in their favor when submitting applications. Our team has the necessary expertise to serve as a guide to this process.
A LA CARTE SERVICES
50-STATE LEGISLATIVE TRACKING: $1,000/MO
• For many companies and associations, the reality is that federal legislation and regulations are not the only government actions impacting them. State legislatures and regulatory bodies also have substantial influence on numerous areas of operation and compliance. Unfortunately, most organizations lack the resources adequately track all this relevant state-level activity. This is where Lobbyit’s 50-state tracking service can prove invaluable. We will conduct a comprehensive search of all 50 states and identify any and all bills that may have an impact on your organization. Lobbyit further provides a report that lists all the appropriate bills and provides a link to the language. Given the vast amount of information generated, Lobbyit also sifts through the results, providing a list of bills that we determine to be of highest priority, and which may require state-level action. For such priority matters, we include a more in-depth analysis of the bill, and our team is available to craft a lobbying strategy should it be necessary.
ADVOCACY HUB: $1,500/MO
• Members of Congress are answerable to their constituents, and they place a great deal of emphasis on voter communications. The opinions of their constituents, properly stated, do have a huge impact on votes and other official activity. To best mine this trove of voter influence, Lobbyit partnered with a leading grassroots advocacy service provider to build an “advocacy hub” which allows this direct communication with important officials. The advocacy hub integrates seamlessly into our clients’ websites, allowing any organization to leverage its members and supporters, and communicate directly with target officials, whether at the federal, state, county or municipal levels. Lobbyit clients have effectively used this tool to communicate en masse with Members of Congress, resulting in favorable legislation, increased funding for vital programs, or assistance with federal Executive Branch agencies. Our team will craft a strategy and coordinate with the client to draft the content of each communication, whether it be a letter, talking points call scripts, etc. This service can also be used to target state legislatures and can be an incredibly cost-effective way to make an organization’s concerns heard at the state level, nation-wide
• Utilizing social media can significantly increase a client’s reach and expand its audience, and works in concert with the Advocacy Hub and the other services that are a part of this tier. Our team will analyze a client’s current web presence, including their website and social media activities. Our professionals will not only craft and implement a social media strategy, but will also closely monitor the results of these efforts and make necessary adjustments to maximize the positive impact. Our solutions include a full-scale social media strategy including cultivating social media relationships, engaging Members and staff, developing appropriate content, selecting appropriate platforms, and initiation and management of the social media messaging and advocacy effort.
• With the era of earmarks a thing of the past, finding sufficient funding is as difficult as it is essential. That is why Lobbyit now provides expert grant writing services for our clients that are looking to secure federal funding outside of the legislative process. We will identify and inform our clients of any applicable federal grant opportunities and assist in the completion and submission of the grant application. Our work doesn’t stop, however, upon submission of the application — our team will then secure letters of support from key Members of Congress, particularly those that have funding responsibility for, or oversight of, the grant-awarding agency. In this manner, many organizations are able to not only continue their work but also seize new opportunities for growth.
• Changes in campaign finance have opened up new avenues to approach lawmakers and better-position client project goals. Lobbyit will set up a PAC that complies with the numerous laws and regulations governing them, and develop and execute a donation strategy to maximize the impact of PAC activity. Depending on the client’s availability, when necessary, our team will attend events and fundraisers, developing the important relationships that oftentimes are necessary to accomplish major priorities on the Hill.
OTHER SOURCES OF GOVERNMENT SUPPORT
• As part of general business development activities, Lobbyit can also assist clients in identifying alternative funding sources throughout government, typically at the agency level. Once identified, Lobbyit can assist in the drafting of proposals needed to secure vital capital. Success in such endeavors typically requires significant expertise and manpower to properly draft a winning proposal. This is why Lobbyit serves as a valuable partner which, for minimal relative cost, can help garner significant returns.